Go Back   Lets Beef - Battle Rap Forums > Battle Arena > General Talk
Register Articles FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Journals

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11-21-2018, 01:44 PM
Aggo
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I could be wrong, but I dint think I use "structure" often as a criticism. When I think of structure I think of the scaffolding or the way we here at LB tend to construct a verse. So if I mention structure I would say, you should try to use LBs structure of filling the box. Capping your multis. Etc.

That said, all aspects of voting are extremely suggestive and ig you think one verse was better, the verbiage you use to express it is only really to outline your thinking and hopefully provide some insight in why you think the winner won and the loser lost.
Unread 11-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #11

Aggo

Voted: 0 audio / 0 text

I could be wrong, but I dint think I use "structure" often as a criticism. When I think of structure I think of the scaffolding or the way we here at LB tend to construct a verse. So if I mention structure I would say, you should try to use LBs structure of filling the box. Capping your multis. Etc.

That said, all aspects of voting are extremely suggestive and ig you think one verse was better, the verbiage you use to express it is only really to outline your thinking and hopefully provide some insight in why you think the winner won and the loser lost.

Unread 11-21-2018, 01:48 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Ehh...

Is that not the single problem with voting in general? Everything is subjective. You couldtake an all wordplay opponent.. vs an all punchline opponent.. both equally as good verses.. and id vote for one youd vote for the other.

But whos wrong and whos right? Thats a question above my paygrade here on lb fam lol.

I think a lot of people are either confused as to what it is, or they use it to make their vote sound more legitimate by buffing it up, sure. But as to whos "wrong" or "right"..? I mean, I guess there really is no wrong or right answer. Unless youre just a cock junkie who votes for ya pals because you know them or have bias.

I think its more to do with ignorance, than it is objective vs subjective. Cause if you know and understand what structure is.. it can be objective, but also subject to opinion base... just like with any other category.
Unread 11-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #12

Skizzo
Banned
Estimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 0/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 starsEstimated Skill in Text: 7.47/10 stars
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 2 audio / 40 text

Ehh...

Is that not the single problem with voting in general? Everything is subjective. You couldtake an all wordplay opponent.. vs an all punchline opponent.. both equally as good verses.. and id vote for one youd vote for the other.

But whos wrong and whos right? Thats a question above my paygrade here on lb fam lol.

I think a lot of people are either confused as to what it is, or they use it to make their vote sound more legitimate by buffing it up, sure. But as to whos "wrong" or "right"..? I mean, I guess there really is no wrong or right answer. Unless youre just a cock junkie who votes for ya pals because you know them or have bias.

I think its more to do with ignorance, than it is objective vs subjective. Cause if you know and understand what structure is.. it can be objective, but also subject to opinion base... just like with any other category.
Unread 11-21-2018, 02:21 PM
Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
Ehh...

Absolutely all voting is subjective. But, there are some things that are *more* subjective than others. And the emphasis should be placed, when voting, on the criteria which as previously stated are the most *fairly* objective(because the true removal of cognitive bias is a nonfactor.)
Unread 11-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #13

Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
Ehh...

Absolutely all voting is subjective. But, there are some things that are *more* subjective than others. And the emphasis should be placed, when voting, on the criteria which as previously stated are the most *fairly* objective(because the true removal of cognitive bias is a nonfactor.)

Unread 11-21-2018, 02:35 PM
Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Thats possible, but to remove structure entirely as a voting category would be no different from removing punches and personals or wordplay as one. Seeing as theyre all categories.. but to just say remove it because some people dont use it correctly or dont understand what it is.. is no different for any categories, is it not? Some people will say the loser had "better" punches even if the majority disagree.

So..
Really its not about removing it or sticking to a few categories, more than the solution could be to get more knowledgable voters that understand the categories to vote on battles and try to weed out or teach those who dont fully understand them. Imho
Unread 11-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #14

Skizzo
Banned
Ranked Text Record
1 Won / 0 Lost

Voted: 2 audio / 40 text

Thats possible, but to remove structure entirely as a voting category would be no different from removing punches and personals or wordplay as one. Seeing as theyre all categories.. but to just say remove it because some people dont use it correctly or dont understand what it is.. is no different for any categories, is it not? Some people will say the loser had "better" punches even if the majority disagree.

So..
Really its not about removing it or sticking to a few categories, more than the solution could be to get more knowledgable voters that understand the categories to vote on battles and try to weed out or teach those who dont fully understand them. Imho
Unread 11-22-2018, 03:52 AM
Supsie

Structure is like how the whole vs flows together, how it all fits together... bro,
Unread 11-22-2018, 03:52 AM   #15

Supsie

Structure is like how the whole vs flows together, how it all fits together... bro,